Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
Definitions and Interpretation
|Data||Collectively all information that you submit to SPC Developments Limited via the website. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998 or 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)|
|SPC Developments Limited, |
we or us
|SPC Developments Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number The Workshop whose registered office is at Slippery Gowt Lane, Wyberton, Boston, Lincs, PE21 7AA;|
|User or you||Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SPC Developments Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SPC Developments Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.|
|Website||The website that you are currently using, www.spcdevelopments.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- ‘including’ is understood to mean ‘including without limitation’;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Information regarding any enquiries you make to us
Our Use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998 or 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), SPC Developments Limited is the ‘data controller’.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 6 months or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act (1998 or 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for more details on security see the clause below (security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Answering questions and enquiries
Third Party Websites and Services
- SPC Developments Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling Use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- Sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on your website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to request in writing a copy of any of your personal Data held by SPC Developments Limited (where such Data is held) there is no charge for this and the information will be provided within 1 month of receipt of the request.
- You have the right to withdraw your data at any time – this must be requested in writing.
- You have the right to change your data at any time – this must be requested in writing.
- You have the right to restrict processing of personal data; for example, if you want to establish its accuracy – this must be requested in writing.
Users 17 and under
- To submit data via our website you must be aged 18 or over. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone aged 17 or under and have not received the consent of the parent or guardian, we will erase the information immediately.
- If you believe that we may have information from anybody aged 17 or under without the consent of the parent or guardian please contact us on 01205 354629 (Monday – Friday, 8am- to 5pm).
- Data security is of great importance to SPC Developments Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this website.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- We may collect an IP address upon the user visiting the Website. We do not link IP addresses to individuals.
- IP addresses will be used for research and are not provided to third parties.
- We employ a number of cookies across our Website in order to enhance the user experience. Further information on the cookies we employ is below:
- Session Cookies – these allow our users to link their actions during browser sessions. They expire after a session and are not stored long term. We use this information to collect data on how our visitors use the Website e.g. what type of browser they are using and which pages are popular.
- Persistent Cookies – these are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, this allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site to be remembered. These help us provide the user with the optimum text size and colour options etc.
- This policy also covers information submitted via email, fax, over the phone & via letter.
- If you do not agree with the processing as detailed within this policy please do not submit any personal data to us.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right of remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- No automated decision making or profiling will occur from submission of your data.
- You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
You may contact SPC Developments Limited by email at email@example.com or writing to Data Protection Officer, SPC Developments Limited, The Workshop, Slippery Gowt Lane, Wyberton, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 7AA
22nd May 2018
- These terms and condition were partially created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://rocketlawyer.co.uk).